A simple salad of creamy avocado, earthy beets, and pickled red onions.
- 1/4 red onion (28 g), thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of red wine vinegar
- 1 large avocado (200 g), peeled and sliced
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 small cooked, pickled beetroot (82 g), sliced
- 1 small carrot (50 g), peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- olive oil, to drizzle
- chopped chives, to garnish
- Place the red onions and red wine vinegar in a small bowl and leave to pickle while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Season the diced avocado with salt and squeeze the lemon juice over top.
- Divide the avocado, beets, and carrots onto two plates and drizzle each with a little olive oil. Divide the pickled red onions between the two salads and drizzle over any remaining vinegar. Garnish with chives and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 3 g