Sweet and tropical, you will love this classic chicken dinner inspired by Hawaii.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C). Season the chicken drumsticks on all sides with salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan (that can be used in the oven as well) and fry on each side until golden and crispy, about a minute or two on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic over low heat and lightly fry until softened. Add the pineapples and chicken broth and bring to the boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes allowing the mixture to reduce.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the pan to the oven and continue to cook until the chicken is done, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 28 g