A quick stir fry that is customizable to veggies on hand – and there’s a twist!
- 12 oz (340g) of sirloin steak, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) of coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of ginger puree
- 1 Tablespoon (45 ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (55 g), peeled and sliced
- 7 oz (200 g) of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of apple sauce/apple puree
- 2 green onions, sliced, to garnish
- toasted desiccated coconut, to garnish (optional)
- Combine the strips of steak with the coconut aminos, garlic puree, and ginger puree. Mix well, cover, and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- To cook, heat the olive oil in a wok or large pan and add the red onion, cooking until softened. Add the cabbage.
- Once the cabbage is wilted, add in the marinated beef along with the marinade juices. Increase the heat and stir fry until the sauce reduces. Stir in the apple sauce just before serving.
- Garnish with green onions and some toasted desiccated coconut if you prefer.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 570
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 43 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 30 g