Creamy, delicious beef ‘stroganoff’ served over shirataki noodles.
- 2 7-oz (391 g) packs of shirataki noodles, fettuccine
- 2 beef steaks (400 g)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 medium onions (220 g), peeled and finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) of ground turmeric
- 4 garlic cloves (12 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 5 oz (140 g) of white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of coconut aminos
- 1 cup (240 ml) of beef broth (or water)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoon (3 g) of fresh thyme, to garnish
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of freshly squeezed lemon
- Under cold, running water rinse the Shirataki then place in a simmer pot of water on the stove.
- Pat steaks dry and season with salt.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and cook the steaks until browned on both sides. Remove the steaks from the pan, slice into strips, and set aside to rest.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the steak pan. Then add the onions and turmeric and cook over on medium heat until the onions have softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have caramelized.
- Pour in the coconut aminos and beef broth. Bring the pan to a simmer and cook until the beef broth reduces to about a 1/4 cup. Stir in the coconut cream to thicken and enrich the sauce.
- Add the steak to the mixture to warm through.
- Drain the shirataki. Divide into two bowls. Spoon over the beef and the sauce, garnish with thyme. Add a squeeze of lemon to perfectly finish the dish.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 771
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 60 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 37 g