- 2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos (30 ml)
- 1 Tablespoon of applesauce (15 ml)
- 2 cloves of garlic (6 g), peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger (3 g), minced
- 2 beef sirloin steaks (400 g), fat trimmed and sliced
- 1.5 Tablespoons of olive oil (23 ml)
- 1 small sweet potato (130 g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 10 white button mushrooms (100 g), sliced thick
- 2 green onions (10 g), sliced at an angle
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk the coconut aminos, applesauce, garlic and ginger together in a bowl. Add the sliced sirloin and leave to marinate while you cook the sweet potatoes.
- Toss the sweet potato chunks in half a tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and spread out on a greased roasting tray. Bake in the oven until softened, approximately 25 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large wok and add mushrooms, cooking until caramelised. Add the steak and the marinade and fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in half the spring onions and add the cooked sweet potato chunks.
- Serve topped with the remaining spring onions.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 708
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 53 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 37 g