Beets add a lovely, pink tint and a deep, earthy flavor to these cookies.
- 5.3 oz (approx. 1 cup + 5 Tablespoons) (147 g) of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons (6 g) of gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of hot water
- 1 beet (82 g), cooked and peeled
- 5 Tablespoons (75 ml) of honey
- 4 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon (70 ml) of coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of vanilla extract
- 2–3 Tablespoons (30–45 ml) of hot water, extra if needed
- extra honey, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Combine the coconut flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the gelatin in the hot water and set aside until completely dissolved.
- Chop the cooked beet into smaller pieces, then place into a mini food processor along with the honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla and (completely melted) gelatin. Blitz until smooth, scraping down the sides to ensure even blitzing.
- Tip the wet, bright pink mixture into the bowl of coconut flour and mix well to combine. If the mixture seems too dry, add 2-3 tablespoons hot water until it comes together.
- Form 9 portions from the dough (each approximately 1.6oz / 45g), using the palm of your hands to compress into a ball then shape into a cookie shape. Place onto a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, rotating the tray after 5 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before enjoying with a cup of tea!
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g