AIP Bread Rolls Recipe [Paleo, Keto, Egg-Free, Nut-Free]
If you’re on an AIP diet or a ketogenic diet, then having good bread is tough! So if you’re looking for a low carbohydrate egg-free, nut-free, and dairy-free bread recipe that’s AIP and Ketogenic, then this AIP bread rolls recipe is what you’re looking for!
Because this recipe uses a gelatin egg instead of a regular egg to hold the coconut flour together, you will find that it has a different texture to regular bread. The coconut flour also makes the bread a bit denser and drier, so enjoy it with some extra coconut oil or with some ghee (if you’re ok with ghee in your diet).
AIP Bread Rolls Recipe –Step-by-step Instructions and Photos
Preheat your oven to 300 F (150 C). The photo below is of the degrees in Celsius as I was using an oven in Europe.
Place the melted coconut oil, coconut flour, and baking soda into a bowl.
Mix together the ingredients to form a dry paste.
In a separate bowl, place the gelatin and mix in the hot water to make what’s called a gelatin egg (an egg substitute).
Add the gelatin egg to the other bowl.
Add in the Italian seasoning and salt to taste (taste the mixture to determine if you want to add in any additional seasonings). Mix the seasoning in well.
Using your hands, shape the dough into 2 small dinner rolls. Then place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. You can obviously double or triple the recipe to make more AIP bread rolls at the same time.
Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes. The bread should be slightly browned on the outside with a crispy exterior. If you try to cut into the bread right now you’ll find that it’s too crumbly. So let the bread roll cool down a bit so that the gelatin helps stick the bread together more.
Enjoy with some cultured ghee if you’ve introduced ghee back into your AIP diet. If not, enjoy with some coconut oil or dip the bread into your soup or stew or with some guacamole (here’s an easy AIP and keto guacamole recipe).
Pinterest Image for AIP Bread Rolls Recipe [Paleo, Keto, Egg-Free, Nut-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 300 F (150 C).
- Mix together the coconut oil, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the gelatin and hot water to create your gelatin egg.
- Pour the gelatin egg into the coconut flour mixture and combine well.
- Add in the Italian seasoning and salt to taste (you can taste the mixture to see if you want to add more) and mix well into a dough.
- Use your hands to form 2 small rolls from the dough, place the rolls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the outside of each roll is slightly browned and crispy like you’d typically find in a regular bread roll.
- Let the rolls cool down before serving so that the gelatin sets a bit and can hold the roll together. Enjoy at room temperature with some ghee or coconut oil.
- This recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc. if you want to make more AIP bread rolls at the same time.
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 3g