Crunchy breadsticks that are completely AIP but taste just like traditional Italian breadsticks.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) hot water
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup (64 g) arrowroot flour (plus additional for dusting)
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt (plus additional for sprinkling)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons (30 to 60 ml) cold water, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the hot water with the gelatin until completely dissolved. Set aside the gelatin egg to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the arrowroot flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, dried rosemary and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, gelatin egg and 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of cold water to the flour mixtures and combine to form a dough. If needed, add additional water, 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Dust your work surface with arrowroot flour. Divide the dough into 4 equal-size balls and divide each dough ball into 2 smaller balls. Use lightly floured hands to roll each small ball into long breadsticks. Carefully place each breadstick on the prepared baking tray. If desired, sprinkle each breadstick with additional salt, to taste.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the breadsticks are cooked through and lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the breadsticks cool completely on the tray before serving.
- All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g