- 2.6 oz of tiger nuts (73 g)
- 4.2 oz of mixed dried fruit (118 g), diced small
- 4 Tablespoons of coconut flakes (16 g)
- 1 1/4 cups of coconut flour (140 g)
- 3.5 Tablespoons of honey (53 ml)
- 1 Tablespoon of gelatin (32 g)
- 3 3/4 Tablespoons of coconut oil (56 ml), weighed solid (60g)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of lukewarm water
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of hot water
- Preheat the oven to 280°F (140°C).
- Soak the tiger nuts in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain well and chop.
- Combine the tiger nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes, and 3 tablespoons (21g) of the coconut flour. Add the honey and combine well. Spread the mixture evenly in an oven-safe dish and press down to compact.
- Bake for 1 hour and remove. Let the mixture cool then crumble in a food processor until coarse. If the pieces are too big, the mixture will fall apart – so this step is crucial!
- Sprinkle the gelatin over lukewarm water in a small bowl. Wait a minute or two, then add the hot water. Mix well until the gelatin is completely melted. Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- Add the coarse mixture and remaining coconut flour in a large bowl. Pour the gelatin and coconut oil over the mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour in the new mixture. Press down firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, then remove and allow to cool before slicing into bars. Store in an airtight container.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 24 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Protein: 11 g