Zucchini “noodles” and crisp chicken in a creamy alfredo style sauce.
- 1 chicken breast (7 oz or 200 g), skin-on
- 1 zucchini (120 g), spiralized
- ¾ cup (180 ml) coconut cream (from the top of 2 refrigerated cans of unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) arrowroot powder or cassava flour
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon (8 g) nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) garlic powder
- 4 Tablespoons (4 g) chopped fresh parsley (plus additional, to garnish)
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breast in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the skin is golden and the chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 F (74 C). Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the arrowroot or cassava flour to the pan and whisk to create a paste.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, a little at a time, while continuously whisking to combine. Once all the chicken broth has been incorporated, add the coconut cream and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and fresh parsley to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, to taste.
- Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds. (This step is optional, but it helps to create a light and creamy sauce.)
- Add the zucchini “noodles” to the pan and saute for about 2 minutes. Return the sauce to the pan and heat through.
- Slice the chicken breast and place it on top of the “noodles” and Alfredo sauce. Garnish with optional chopped fresh parsley and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 10 g
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 508
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 26 g