Chicken adds a lean twist to this breakfast casserole.
- 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil (15 ml), to grease baking dish
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) of avocado oil, to cook the chicken and onions with
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of coconut cream (240 ml) (from the tops of 2 refrigerated cans of coconut milk)
- 4 cups of spinach (120 g), chopped
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley (2 g), chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Grease a large casserole baking dish with the 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and set aside.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of avocado oil to a large frying pan and brown the chicken and sliced onions.
- Mix the chicken, onions, and the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Season with salt, to taste. Pour the chicken mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g