Simply the best Brussels sprout salad you’ve never had!
- 2 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil and leftover bacon fat, to cook chicken with
- 2 cups of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced (use broccoli if you can’t find brussels sprouts)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil, to cook vegetables with
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- In a pan, cook the bacon pieces until crispy. Set aside.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil into the same pan and cook the diced chicken breast until browned and cooked (approx. 10 minutes). Season with garlic powder and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Add the other 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil into the pan and fry the Brussels sprouts, carrots, and onions until slightly browned and softened (approx. 10 minutes). Season with balsamic vinegar.
- Plate the vegetables at the bottom of the bowl and top with the chicken and bacon.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 648
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 51 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 27 g