Beanless, AIP chicken chili full of tender chicken with a creamy, flavorful broth.
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 medium onion (4 oz or 110 g), diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (245 g) butternut squash puree or pumpkin puree
- 2 cups (285 g) shredded leftover or rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14 oz or 414 ml) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) dried oregano
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (plus additional for garnish, optional)
- Chopped green onions and lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, and garlic to the pot and saute until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, pumpkin puree, shredded chicken, and dried oregano to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has reduced.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, and fresh cilantro to the pot and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes until the chili is to your desired consistency. Season with salt, to taste.
- Ladle the chili into bowls and garnish with the optional fresh cilantro, chopped green onions, and lime wedges before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 8 g
- Calories: 519
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 37 g