A zingy, substantial salad with a dressing that takes seconds to make.
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of turmeric
- 4 chicken breasts (800 g), skinless and deboned
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil, for cooking
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) of olive oil, for the dressing
- Generous handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of white balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups (300 g) of salad leaves
- 1 medium red onion (110 g), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado (200 g), chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Sprinkle the turmeric onto both sides of the skinless, boneless chicken breasts and season with salt. Make shallow incisions with a sharp knife diagonally across the breasts.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken on both sides until golden. Transfer onto a roasting tray and place in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by placing 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) of olive oil, fresh cilantro, lime juice and white balsamic vinegar into a mini food processor or blender and blitz well. Season with salt, to taste.
- Finish the salad by combining the salad leaves, red onion and avocado. Serve the sliced grilled chicken breasts on top and drizzle with the dressing.
Any leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 747
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 56 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 51 g