A simple, three-ingredient supper that can be whipped up in no time at all.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts (400 g), sliced
- 18 white button mushrooms (180g), sliced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) of warm chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) of coconut cream, from the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- 2 portions cooked cauliflower “rice,” to serve
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the sliced chicken to the pan and cook until browned, then add the mushrooms, cooking until golden brown and stirring regularly.
- Add the warm chicken broth to the pan and reduce the heat to medium, cooking until the broth has almost completely evaporated and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the coconut cream to the pan and stir well to combine. Remove the pan from the heat once the coconut cream has thickened and coated the chicken and mushrooms. Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve the creamy chicken and mushrooms immediately over cooked cauliflower “rice” and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional estimates do not include the cauliflower rice.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 592
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 50 g