For the salad dressing:
For the chicken pieces:
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder (7 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
For the salad:
- 2 cups salad leaves, washed
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 pickled beetroot, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- Parsley for garnish
- Make a quick dressing by mixing the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Mix together the turmeric powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Season with salt. Drop the chicken pieces into the bowl to coat.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan and cook the chicken until they are done. Remove from the heat and set aside. (Alternatively, you can skewer the spiced pieces onto a kebab stick and grill over the BBQ, then carefully remove from the skewer sticks.)
- Toss the salad leaves and cucumber in the salad dressing and top with the cooked chicken pieces. Add the beetroot, onion slices, and parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 716
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 49 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 51 g