- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml), to cook with
- 1 red onion (110 g), peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic (9 g), peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot (50 g), peeled and diced
- 2 beets (164 g) (beetroots), peeled and diced
- 20 white button mushrooms (200 g), chopped
- 1 lb of ground beef (450 g)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (2 g)
- 2 cups of beef broth or stock (480 ml)
- 2 small sweet potatoes (260 g), roasted or boiled, peeled and mashed
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the red onions. Cook until the onions are softened, then add the garlic, carrots, beetroots, and mushrooms. Fry until partially caramelised, then add the ground beef and turmeric and cook until the beef has browned.
- Add the beef stock and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook on a low simmer, partially covered with a lid for 45-50 minutes. Towards the end, if the mixture is too liquid, remove the lid and increase to moderate heat. Taste and season with salt accordingly.
- Serve on mashed sweet potatoes and garnished with parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 22 g