Being on AIP doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some chocolate cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Prepare the gelatin by sprinkling the powder over the hot water in a small bowl. Wait a minute or two, then stir well to dissolve and mix in.
- Combine the coconut flour, cassava flour, and carob powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the gelatin “egg” mixture and the honey and add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Add the additional tablespoon of hot water to the mixture and use a spoon to combine well.
- Use your hands to form small 1oz (30g) balls from the dough and place each on a tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly press down on each ball into a cookie shape and place the tray into the oven for 12-15 min.
- Remove and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Instead of eggs, there’s a gelatin egg (made with gelatin and hot water) to help glue things together. Instead of regular flour or nut flours, we’ve used coconut flour and cassava flour together. Instead of chocolate, we’ve used carob to provide a similar coloring and flavor.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g