Simply delicious, crispy on the outside, and chocolate.
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) of gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of hot water
- 1 cup (120 g) of cassava flour
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) of cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of baking soda
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons (19 ml) of ghee, solid weight, then melted
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of runny honey, plus additional to drizzle
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of boiling hot water, approximately
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the hot water in a small bowl. Set aside to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the cassava flour, cocoa powder, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted ghee and honey. Add the gelatine mixture, along with the hot water, stirring continuously, until you achieve a thick slurry consistency. (This will be approximately 4.4oz.)
- In the meantime, heat a greased waffle maker. Add the batter, cooking the waffles until crispy. Remove carefully and serve with a drizzle of honey.
NOTE: This recipe was made using a waffle maker that makes two 5 x 5-in (13 x 13cm) waffles. If your waffle maker is bigger, simply double the recipe.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 12 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g