Loaded with delicious cinnamon flavor, these AIP Cinnamon Muffins are a delicious and healthy way to start your day!
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) hot water
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) gelatin
- 1 cup (120 g) cassava flour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (40 g) collagen powder
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup (50 g) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (60 to 120 ml) unsweetened coconut milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
For the glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease or line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- To make the gelatin egg, place the hot water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the entire surface of the water and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, whisk to combine the gelatin with the hot water until completely incorporated. Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine the cassava flour, coconut flour, collagen powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the gelatin egg, melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup (60 ml) of unsweetened coconut milk and vanilla extract to the bowl and combine to make a thick batter. If the batter is too thick, add additional coconut milk, 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon an equal amount of batter into 9 cups of the prepared muffin pan to make 9 muffins.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the muffins are cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. (The glaze needs to be thick enough to stay on the muffins but thin enough to drizzle with a spoon.) Drizzle the glaze over the cooled muffins before serving.
- Store leftover muffins in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 6 g