This golden breakfast loaf is full of cinnamon flavor and juicy raisins with all AIP-friendly ingredients. Enjoy a warm slice for breakfast or as a snack anytime.
- 1 cup (112 g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (120 g) tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1/2 cup (120 g) coconut sugar (optional, omit for an unsweetened loaf)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted coconut oil, cooled slightly
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 gelatin eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 g) raisins
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) unflavored gelatin powder whisked with 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) warm water until completely dissolved
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Line a 2 lb (1 kg) loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. (Leave some overhanging to use as “handles” to lift the loaf easily out of the pan.)
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the coconut sugar, coconut oil, applesauce, coconut milk, and gelatin eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. Fold in the raisins until evenly incorporated throughout the batter. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (If the top of your loaf starts to brown too much before it is cooked through, loosely cover the top of the loaf with aluminum foil for the remaining bake time).
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before lifting out and allowing to cool at least an additional 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Try and resist cutting the loaf before it cools because this really sets the texture of the bread!
There are no substitutions for the coconut flour or tapioca flour.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 23 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g