- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons (18 g) cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) honey
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) gelatin
- 2 Tablespoon (30 ml) hot water
- 3/4 cup (60 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cassava flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and coconut cream. You may need to warm these ingredients to combine them well.
- Prepare the gelatin by sprinkling the powder over the hot water in a small bowl. Wait a minute or two, then stir well to dissolve and mix. Whisk the gelatin ‘egg’ into the honey mixture, then add the honey mix into the coconut flour mix and add the shredded coconut, mixing well to combine. If it feels stiff, add 1 tablespoon boiling hot water and mix again with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish (approx. 6-in x 6-in) and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, rotating the dish halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely, and then refrigerate before slicing into 9 squares.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g