- 1.5 Tablespoons (9 g) gelatin
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) boiling hot water
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (3 oz or 84 g)
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (2 oz or 56 g)
- Dash of cinnamon or other AIP flavoring
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk, warmed
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) honey, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, to cook with
- Berries, to serve with
- Prepare the gelatin by sprinkling over a small cup containing the hot water. Allow to dissolve and mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the coconut and cassava flours into a bowl and add the cinnamon. Add the warm coconut milk, honey, and the gelatine mixture, whisking very well to combine and remove lumps. Keep this mixture warm by placing the bowl inside a larger bowl containing hot water.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil to a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and spread it out by turning the pan around. (If your batter is more solid, then just press it into a small thin pancake). Let the pancake cook for 3-4 minutes, then use a large spatula to flip the little pancake very carefully. You want a delicious light golden crust that adds a huge amount of flavor. Cook on the underside for 2-3 minutes, then place onto a plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb excess coconut oil.
- Repeat with the rest of the coconut oil and batter (makes approx. 6 small pancakes).
- The pancakes should be kept warm and served warm, as either little towers, or rolled up. Drizzle over with honey and serve with berries of your choice.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 17 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 8 g