A super-easy coconut cream pie sure to make everyone happy.
For the base
- 1 1/2 cups (147 g) of coconut flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons (38 ml) of honey, warm
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons (38 ml) of coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) of hot water
For the filling
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Place the coconut flour into a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the honey, melted coconut oil, and hot water.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour and use clean hands to work the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Pour the mixture into a greased tart tin or pie dish and press down into an even, compact layer.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, then turn the oven off (without opening the door) and leave in the oven for another 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- For the filling, dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and set aside to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the filling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut cream and coconut milk until free from lumps. Stir in the honey and add the gelatine mixture. Stir well to combine and immediately pour the filling onto the crust and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g