- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, to cook with
- 15 button mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 9oz uncooked shrimp, peeled (255g)
- generous squeeze lemon juice
- 1 cup (240 ml) coconut cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, diced (optional), for garnish
- Crispy bacon bits (optional), for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and sauté the mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Then add in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn pink. Add in lemon juice and season with salt. Set aside.
- Make the coconut ‘grits’ by heating the desiccated coconut in the coconut cream.
- Put the dish together by placing the mushroom shrimp mixture on top of the grits.
- Garnish with parsley and bacon bits (optional).
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 13 g