AIP Crockpot Enchilada Soup Recipe
If you’re still relying on canned soup or bland, boring autoimmune protocol recipes, this AIP crockpot enchilada soup recipe will fill you up without stressing you out. You won’t have to worry about hidden gluten or BPA from a soup can.
Instead, you’ll enjoy a unique earthy blend of flavors that are rich, bold, and sugar-free.
A Twist on Enchilada Soup
The photo may look like I just threw some shredded chicken on top of tomato soup, but I assure you that’s not the case.
What you’re seeing instead is beetroot. It dyes the soup that deep red color and combines with the carrot to produce earthy and sweet flavors.
A bit of red wine vinegar gives it some necessary sharpness. Then, I spiced it up with turmeric, garlic, and oregano.
I love that this soup has some body to it. For me, a thicker soup keeps my hunger at bay longer. Anything to trick my mind into thinking I’ve eaten more than I actually have!
Top it Off
I suggest pairing this delicious soup with some fresh avocado. Not only does it taste delicious, it looks pretty sitting atop the red soup.
Also delicious with this soup would be some shredded carrots on top, AIP croutons or AIP bread for dipping.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (0 ml)
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped (110 g)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped (50 g)
- 2 beets, peeled and finely chopped (164 g)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (2 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped (6 g)
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned (800 g)
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano (2 g)
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar (240 ml)
- 3 cups of chicken broth (720 ml)
- 1 large avocado, sliced (200 g)
- cilantro, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the onions, carrot, and beetroot. Cook until softened and caramelised, adding the turmeric and garlic halfway through.
- Place the vegetables, chicken breasts, oregano, and red wine vinegar in the slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken, shred, and set aside. Blend the soup with a hand blender until smooth. Season with salt.
- Serve the soup hot, adding shredded chicken to each bowl. Garnish with sliced avocado and cilantro.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 49 g