- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (0 ml)
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped (110 g)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped (50 g)
- 2 beets, peeled and finely chopped (164 g)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric (2 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped (6 g)
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned (800 g)
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano (2 g)
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar (240 ml)
- 3 cups of chicken broth (720 ml)
- 1 large avocado, sliced (200 g)
- cilantro, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the onions, carrot, and beetroot. Cook until softened and caramelised, adding the turmeric and garlic halfway through.
- Place the vegetables, chicken breasts, oregano, and red wine vinegar in the slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken, shred, and set aside. Blend the soup with a hand blender until smooth. Season with salt.
- Serve the soup hot, adding shredded chicken to each bowl. Garnish with sliced avocado and cilantro.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 28 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 49 g