- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef and AIP Basil Pesto. Form small meatballs from the mixture.
- Add the avocado oil to a frying pan and brown the meatballs (in batches).
- Place the meatballs into a crockpot along with the beef broth.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours, spooning the broth over the meatballs every now and then.
- To cook the zucchini noodles, take a little broth (approx. 1/4 cup (60 ml)) from the crockpot and place into a large pan over high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and toss well to coat, cooking the zucchini until all the moisture in the pan has evaporated and the zucchini has cooked through (this won’t take longer than a minute or two.)
- Season the zucchini with salt and serve topped with the meatballs. Garnish with torn basil leaves.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 45 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 20 g