Enjoy all of your favorite gingerbread flavors but without any inflammatory ingredients when you make this AIP Gingerbread Bars Recipe.
- 1/2 cup (60 g) cassava flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) tapioca flour
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons (15 to 30 g) coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut cream (from a refrigerated can of unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan and set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine to form a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (For chewy gingerbread bars, start checking after 20 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into 12 bars. Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container for 2 to 3 days.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 2 bars
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 0 g