Enjoy all of the flavor of gingerbread but without any inflammatory ingredients when you make this AIP Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe.
- 3/4 cup (90 g) cassava flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) ginger powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened coconut milk (plus additional, if needed)
- 1/2 cup (120 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Optional toppings: Maple syrup and sliced bananas
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened applesauce, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract to the bowl and stir well to combine. If the batter is too thick, add additional unsweetened coconut milk, 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, until the batter is spoonable.
- Lightly grease a nonstick skillet with coconut oil and heat on the stove over medium heat.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup (120 ml) of batter into the skillet and spread into a pancake. Cook for 2 minutes on one side before carefully flipping and continuing to cook until the pancake is cooked through, about 2 additional minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the skillet and repeat until all of the batter is cooked.
- Serve the pancakes with optional maple syrup and sliced bananas.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 3 g