These skewers pack a Greek punch of flavor that is sure to please everyone.
For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts (400 g), cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) of dried oregano
For the tzatziki:
- 5 oz coconut yogurt (140 g)
- 2 cloves (6 oz) of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cucumber (55 g), grated
- 2 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Soft lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Soak wood skewers in water for at least 10 minutes, if using.
- Place the diced chicken, olive oil, white wine vinegar and dried oregano in a large bowl. Mix well to combine and evenly coat the chicken. Thread the chicken tightly onto the soaked skewers and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place on baking sheet in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the skewers are completely cooked.
- In the meantime, make the tzatziki sauce by placing the coconut yogurt, garlic, grated cucumber, and fresh mint in a medium bowl and stirring until completely combined. Season with salt, to taste.
- Enjoy the skewers with the tzatziki sauce and serve with thinly sliced cucumber and soft salad leaves, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 50 g