This pork tenderloin is covered in a delicious AIP-friendly herb paste and cooked to perfection.
For the Herb Paste
- 3 cloves (9 g) of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (32 g) of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons (10 g) of fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons (5 g) of nutritional yeast
- 5 Tablespoons (75 ml) of olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
For the pork
- 14 oz (400 g) of pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) of reserved Herb Paste
- To make the herb paste, place the garlic, fresh basil, fresh parsley, nutritional yeast flakes and olive oil into a mini food processor or blender and combine until smooth , scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure thorough blitzing. Season with lemon juice and salt, to taste, and set aside.
- For the pork, start by preheating the oven to 410°F (210°C). Season the tenderloin with salt on all sides.
- Add the olive oil to a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork and sear on all sides until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, use a palette knife or small silicone spatula and spread the reserved herb paste on all sides.
- Place the pork into a casserole dish with a well-fitting lid and bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the pork is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing. Serve the pork with additional herb paste, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 626
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 50 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 43 g