- 28 oz raw boneless gammon (800 g) (ask your butcher for this – it’s the piece of pork butt that is used to make ham)
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup salt
- Add the gammon, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, cloves, and salt to a large pot and fill with cold water.
- Bring the pot to a boil and remove any foamy impurities on top.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cover with a cartouche made with parchment paper (or half cover with a lid). Simmer for 90 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and allow the ham to cool in the liquid.
- Slice into thin pieces and enjoy with your favorite AIP-friendly condiments.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 35 g