Our lamb stew has a deep, earthy flavor we know you’ll enjoy.
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 21 oz stewing lamb shoulder (600 g), diced
- 1 medium onion (110 g), peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves (6 g), peeled and crushed
- 8.8 oz white button mushrooms (250 g), sliced
- 1 large carrot (50 g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups (480 ml) of lamb or beef broth
- 1 cup tomato-less ketchup
- 3-4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 portions cooked cauliflower rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the lamb over high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the same pan and cook over low-moderate heat until softened. Add the mushrooms and carrots, then increase the heat and cook until they have caramelized.
- Return the lamb to the pan, along with any resting juices, and pour the broth and the tomato-less ketchup into the pan. Add the rosemary and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to very low and cover with a lid, cooking for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove and discard the rosemary and check the consistency of the sauce. If it has not thickened enough, increase the heat and cook without a lid for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
- Season with salt and serve with cauliflower rice.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 546
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 30 g