This AIP marshmallows recipe is delicious and safe for your special diet.
- Start by preparing your container. Line an 8-by-8 or 9-by-9 inch pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper with avocado oil.
- Prepare the gelatin by sprinkling it over 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a pot on the stove, heat up the other 1/2 cup of water and the honey. Don’t let it boil too much but make sure the honey is well mixed with the water.
- Go back to the gelatin mixture and start whisking it with an electric whisk or stand mixer. Start slowly and then increase the whisking speed. Add in the hot honey mixture as well slowly to the mixing bowl.
- Keep whisking for around 10 minutes. The mixture should be white and creamy looking.
- Whisk for another 10 minutes until the mixture doubles and becomes really thick. It’ll look like marshmallow fluff.
- Pour this into the prepared container. Refrigerate for 5+ hours for the gelatin to properly set.
- Dust with some arrowroot powder or carob powder if you want (as the marshmallows can be sticky). Then cut with a greased knife into whatever shapes and sizes you want.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 23
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g