- 2 Tablespoons of olive or avocado oil (30 ml), to cook mushrooms with
- 20 white button mushrooms (200 g), finely chopped
- 1 lb of ground beef (450 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder (7 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme (1 g)
- 1 small sweet potato (130 g), peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley (1 g), chopped for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a pan on the stovetop, heat the olive oil and fry the mushrooms until caramelized. The idea is to remove as much water from the mushrooms as possible. (You could add raw chopped mushrooms to the beef, but there will likely be too much leeched liquid while the meatloaf cooks.)
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and add them to a bowl with the ground beef. Add the onion and garlic powders, as well as the dried thyme and season with salt. Fold through the mashed sweet potatoes and tip the whole mixture into a small bread loaf tin lined with parchment paper. Use a large spatula or spoon to press down and compress the beef into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool for a few minutes, before slicing into four delicious chunks of goodness! Serve with a side salad.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 31 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g