This one-pan maple chicken recipe couldn’t be quicker or easier to make and is full of yummy vegetables with a caramelized maple glaze. The perfect weeknight meal.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (with skin on) (1.3 lb or 600 g)
- 3 large carrots (8 oz or 227 g)
- 2 small sweet potatoes (9 oz or 260 g)
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Lightly grease a casserole dish and set aside.
- Cut the ends off the sweet potatoes and cut into about 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. If desired, peel the sweet potato but leaving the skin on will add more fiber to the dish. (Be sure to scrub the sweet potatoes well if not peeling.)
- Cut the ends off the carrots and chop into about 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
- Place the carrots and sweet potatoes at the bottom of the prepared casserole dish and nestle the chicken thighs on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Drizzle the glaze over the chicken and vegetables, making sure to coat the chicken well. Place the fresh thyme on top of the chicken.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden, slightly caramelized and the chicken is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165 F (74 C).
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 318
- Sugar: 8 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g