Recreate this classic French soup in half the time.
- Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker on the stove top and add the sliced onions. Cook over moderately high heat until they are starting to darken and caramelize.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook the mixture until very dark and jammy. Do not allow the mixture to burn, but you do want to get a lot of color on the onions.
- Pour in the warm beef broth and bring to a simmer. Secure the lid of the pressure cooker and cook under full pressure for 30 minutes.
- Allow the pressure cooker to decompress before safely removing the lid.
- Season the soup with a little coconut aminos and salt. Divide between two bowls and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g