Super quick pot roast that cooks the meat and vegetables at the same time.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1.12 lbs or 18 oz (504 g) of beef roast
- 1 large onion (110 g), peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves (6 g) of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 large carrots (100 g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large zucchini (120 g), cut into very large chunks
- 10 white button mushrooms (100 g)
- 10.6 oz (318 ml) of beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- AIP Gravy, to serve
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and brown the beef roast on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic, and carrot to the pan and cook until slightly caramelized. Add the zucchini, mushrooms, beef stock, and herbs.
- Secure the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 40-45 minutes. Allow the pressure cooker to cool slightly and decompress before safely opening the lid.
- Remove the beef and the vegetables with a slotted spoon and place onto a serving platter. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with AIP Gravy.
- NOTE: There is no need to discard the juices left in the pressure cooker. You can strain it and use it as a base for a gravy – or freeze to use another time.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 23 g