Nothing is better than pulled beef from a crockpot.
- In a pan, cook onions with one tablespoon olive oil until soft and caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan used for the onions, heat the second tablespoon olive oil and brown the beef on all sides until golden and caramelized (you can cut the beef into smaller parts so it will fit in the crockpot). Transfer the beef to the crockpot and add the cooked onions and hot beef stock.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove the beef and place into a bowl. Cover with foil and allow to rest.
- Pour the leftover juices in the crockpot into a clean pan on the stove and reduce over moderate heat by approximately two-thirds. Stir in the coconut aminos and honey, and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the beef has rested for 10 minutes, shred into pieces and place back in bowl. Pour the sauce over the meat and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the beef into lettuce cups and garnish with parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 420
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 21 g