Your non-AIP guests won’t even know the difference with this classic pie!
For the AIP pumpkin spice
For the base
- 1 1/4 cups (150 g) of coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of reserved pumpkin spice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons (38 ml) of runny honey
- 2 Tablespoons (40 ml) of melted coconut oil
- 3.4oz (95 ml) of hot water
For the filling
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) of powdered gelatine
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of hot water
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of reserved pumpkin spice
- 2 Tablespoons (40 ml) of raw honey
- 2.8oz (80 ml) of full-fat coconut milk
Start by making the base:
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Prepare a small batch of pumpkin spice by combining the spices in a large bowl. Add the coconut flour to the spice and combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the honey, melted coconut oil, and hot water. Add the wet mixture to the flour mix and use clean hands to work the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Tip the crumbly mixture into a greased pie dish and press down into an even, compact layer.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, then turn the oven off (without opening the door) and leave in the oven for another 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
For the filling:
- Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water and set aside to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the filling.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, honey, and coconut milk to a pan and cook over low-moderate heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the gelatin mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour the filling into the cooled pie dish and place in the fridge to set for several hours before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 6 g