This AIP pumpkin spice loaf recipe is full of delicious pumpkin flavor but without any inflammatory ingredients.
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot water
- 1 cup (120 g) tapioca flour
- 1 cup (112 g) coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 3/4 cup (185 g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 325 F (163 C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the gelatin “egg,” in a small bowl, whisk to combine the gelatin powder with the hot water until completely dissolved. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the tapioca flour, coconut flour, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until completely incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine to make a smooth batter. Add the gelatin “egg” and combine until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 80 to 90 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (Start to check the loaf halfway through the cooking time and tent with aluminum foil if the top starts browning too quickly.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing the loaf from the loaf pan. Place the loaf on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 15 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g