Delicious waffles made with pumpkin puree and an AIP-friendly pumpkin spice.
For the AIP pumpkin spice
For the waffles
- 2 teaspoons of gelatin (4 g)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of hot water
- 1 cup (110 g) of cassava flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of reserved pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons (20g) of ghee, solid weight, then melted
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of honey, plus additional to drizzle
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (115 ml) of boiling hot water
- Prepare a small batch of pumpkin spice by combining the spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over two tablespoons of hot water in a small bowl. Set aside to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the cassava flour, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda, and pumpkin spice in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted ghee, honey, and pumpkin puree. Stir in the gelatin mixture and the 1/2 cup of hot water. Then add to the flour mixture, stirring continuously until you achieve a thick slurry consistency. (This will be approximately 4oz.) Add more boiling water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- In the meantime, heat a greased waffle maker. Add the batter, cooking the waffles until crispy. Remove carefully and serve with a drizzle of honey.
This recipe was made using our waffle maker which makes two 5 x 5-in (13 x 13cm) waffles. If your waffle maker is bigger, simply double up the recipe.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 12 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g