AIP Roast Beef Recipe with Carrots and Onions
This delicious, satisfying meal will fill you up and earn you kudos from everyone who eats it. Buying the right cut of meat for this AIP roast beef recipe with carrots and onions will make a big difference in how this dish turns out.
What Kind of Beef is Best?
Shopping for meat can get confusing. The same cut of meat can be called five different names. So how are you supposed to choose the right one for the job?
With time you’ll learn which cut you prefer for which purpose. The cut you throw on the grill may not work as well roasted, and the cut you roast might not be great in stir-fry.
Often, there is no one “right” answer, but I can give you some great options for this roast beef recipe.
If you’re on a budget, eye of round is a good option. This cut is lean, and best served sliced thin, against the grain. It’s a popular choice for deli sandwich meat.
Tenderloin roast is another option. This lean cut has a nice mild flavor. This one is a little more labor intensive for the butcher to prepare, which drives up the cost.
The ribeye roast has plenty of marbling. That fat adds big-time flavor! It’s a cut of many names and may also be referred to as rib roast, prime rib, Newport roast, rib roast bone-in, oven-ready, and standing rib roast.
More AIP Beef Recipes
Now that you know a bit more about beef, here are some additional AIP beef recipes you can try. You might just find your new favorite meal!
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) boneless beef roast
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Mix together the olive oil, rosemary, and salt.
- Rub the mixture well over the beef roast.
- Place the vegetables in the bottom of a baking dish. Add the beef on top and bake for 1 hour with the fat on top. Then, remove from the oven and cover the beef well in aluminum foil and rest for 20 minutes.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 497
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 29 g