This quick soup is packed with protein and collagen – makes for a tasty dinner with benefits.
- 3 cups of sauerkraut (approx. 740 ml container)
- 16 oysters (out of the shell), (approx. 470 ml container)
- 4 cups of bone broth (or water)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon green onion, diced for garnish
- Rinse the sauerkraut in cold water for 1 minute (optional step – do this step if you don’t want your soup to be too sour in flavor).
- Add the bone broth and sauerkraut to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add in the oysters and bring to a boil again. Keep boiling for 5-6 minutes.
- Season with sea salt to taste (if needed as the oysters often add some saltiness) and garnish with diced green onions.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 20 g