- 14oz of ground lamb (392 g)
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 medium onion (110 g), sliced
- 12 white button mushrooms (120 g), quartered
- 1 carrot (50 g), peeled and finely diced
- 2 beets (164 g), peeled and finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar (160 ml)
- A few sprigs thyme
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup of beef broth (240 ml)
- Salt to taste
- Cauliflower mash, to serve
- Parsley, chopped to garnish
- Season the ground lamb with salt and form into small 1oz balls.
- Heat half the olive oil and fry meatballs until browned all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil and add the onion, mushrooms, carrot, and beetroot. Cook until caramelized and softened. Add the vinegar and transfer the mixture to the crockpot.
- Add the meatballs, beef broth, and herbs to the crockpot. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve warm with cauliflower mash and garnish with chopped parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 742
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 59 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 37 g