This chicken screams flavor and is not too sweet.
- Cut both lemons in half. Save one half for juice and thinly slice the remaining lemon halves. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and season the chicken thighs with salt. Once the oil is hot, fry the chicken thighs until the skins are golden and crispy. Remove thighs and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms and fry until golden.
- Place the chicken, mushrooms, and lemon slices into a slow cooker. Pour in the chicken stock and squeeze the lemon half over top. Add the thyme leaves, then cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- When done, remove the chicken, lemons, and mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside to keep warm.
- Pour the stock into a clean non-stick pan and reduce over high heat on the stove until it becomes thick and glossy. Use a pastry brush to brush this glaze over the chicken thighs.
- Serve immediately, garnished with additional fresh thyme sprigs.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g