This is a fool-proof recipe to achieve the perfect steak with a water bath.
- 2 fillet steaks (approx. 4.2oz / 120g each)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil, additional to fry
- water bath (or create your own)
- vacuum sealer
- sous vide bags
- Fill a water bath with water and preheat to 130°F (54°C).
- Place each steak into individual sous-vide bags and add a tablespoon of olive oil, a sprig of rosemary, and a sprig of thyme into each bag. Use a vacuum sealer to seal both bags under full pressure.
- Place the bags into the preheated water bath (it usually buzzes/notifies you when its preheated), ensuring they are fully submerged under the water. Leave in the water bath for 35 minutes.
- Remove the bags from the water bath and allow to rest for 10 minutes before opening. Discard the bags and the herbs.
- To finish, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and once very hot, sear the steaks for 20-30 seconds on each side to get some good color and caramelization.
- Season with salt and serve with your choice of side dish.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 512
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 47 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 21 g