For the AIP Pesto:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1.5 cups (50 g) basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- Dash of salt
For the stuffed chicken breast:
- Make the pesto by blitzing the olive oil, basil leaves, and garlic with the zest and juice of half a lemon using a mini food processor. Add a dash more olive oil if you need to. Season with salt. You will only need two tablespoons for this recipe, but the pesto will store well in the fridge for 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the cauliflower florets into a steamer or microwave and cook until tender. Remove and mash well until smooth. Stir in 2 Tablespoons of the pesto and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and make a deep cut in one side of each chicken breast.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of avocado to a frying pan and fry on the chicken breast on both sides until golden. Remove from the heat and place on a work surface. It will still be fairly raw on the inside so be mindful of the utensils and your work surface.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, spoon the creamy cauli-pesto mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast, then place on a roasting tray and place in the oven for an additional 20 minutes until the chicken has sufficiently cooked through.
- Serve with side salad or a baked sweet potato.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 661
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 48 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 50 g