- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 ml)
- 1 slice of bacon, finely chopped (28 g)
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped (55 g)
- 10 white button mushrooms, finely chopped (100 g)
- 1/3 lb of ground beef (149 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric (1 g)
- 2 zucchinis, halved lengthways (240 g)
- Salt, to taste
- Parsley, chopped to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a pan heat the olive oil and cook bacon until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until soft and caramelized.
- Then add the ground beef and turmeric, cooking until the beef is brown. Season with salt and set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the zucchini, boil until tender, then remove and drain well.
- Once cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh from each zucchini half and chop into small pieces.
- Mix the chopped zucchini into the beef mixture.
- Brush a little oil into the zucchini boats and fill with the beef mixture.
- Place the filled boats on a tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 17 g